Historical Streetcar Photographs: Page 2

Mission and 29th streets, 1939, looking northeast. American Trust Bank at 3299 Mission is now Inkas Restaurant. Next door, City Roofing at 3301-3303 has been replaced by a new building housing Eagle Donuts. Behind the car, twin gables have been removed from atop 3275 Mission, now Don's Key and Lock. [Jack Tillmany]

Cortland Avenue at Andover Street, 1941. The 9 Valencia line car heading west. The woman waiting to board the car is in front of what is now Head to Toes Beauty (451 Cortland ), Skip's Tavern (453 Cortland Ave.), and Bernal Yoga (461 Cortland Ave.). [J.T.]

Cortland Avenue at Bennington Street, 1940. Red Hill Books is now on the corner at 401 Cortland. Discount Club is now where the "Drugs" sign is at 439. [J.T.]

Cortland Avenue at Folsom Street, 1937. The 9 Valencia car resting at the end of the line. The corner cottage is 931 Cortland, and way in the back is 311 Banks Street. Destination signs for #9 line read Cortland and Banks, but the track ended here. One theory is that is the destination signs had told the truth (Cortland and Folsom), it would have given riders the mistaken idea that the cars ran along Folsom Street. [J.T.]

<---Previous photos --- More photos--->